Saturday, September 11, 2010

Why I Blog

One of the things I’ve discovered as I spend more time behind the lens of my camera is that my Nikon changes the way I see the world around me. Because I’m looking for a good shot, I experience my surroundings more deeply; I get more out of the world. When I want to frame my world through the camera, I see it all differently and somehow I’m more present with it.

So I wonder…what would happen if I learned how to shift the frame of my world on a more consistent basis? I’m not looking for a better frame really; just a more intentional, thoughtful frame. I don’t want to miss out on the unique in my everyday.

In order to do that, I need a tool to help my eyes see things differently. And that’s what this blog is going to be. I’d like it if others get something out of reading this, but really this hopefully habitual writing is to help me witness the world through a different frame and become better with the words that describe it. 

2 comments:

  1. Based on your picture all I can say is, "Talk to me, Goose"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what it's from alright. My best friend has a jersey that says Maverick. It's because he's dangerous, and I'm usually on the receiving end of the hurt. Hopefully you caught the humor in what has captured my attention in that picture...

    ReplyDelete